Life is a beautiful experience. However, the hustle and bustle of our daily responsibilities and obligations can make it easy to forget that there is always something to be thankful for. And being thankful as a fashion blogger is so important!
Currently, en route to Destin (thank God for GoGo inflight wifi), an overwhelming energy of thankfulness immersed my soul. From little things (that really aren’t that little), to big things, (that really aren’t forgettable.)
I owe it to myself, loved ones, and my dear readers to share my soul bursting with joy. *Disclaimer: if you aren’t in a Hallmark mood, kindly move on to TMZ.
In no particular order of relevance, here are my top 8 current things I am thankful for.
- I am thankful for family. For my mom and friend for babysitting my fur babies for the week. Walking, feeding, playing and potty breaks aren’t something you take on unless you care,love and want to help a person you care for.
- I am thankful for my husband and best friend, Clay. For quietly dealing with my meltdown as I tried on bikinis this morning – who enjoys this?? Please tell me! There’s infinite reasons I’m thankful for him, but more to come on gratitude posts.
- For YOU, my readers, supporting and encouraging my growing blog, because honestly, I was scared to death to keep going. Insecurity and fright of perfection can leave us paralyzed, but thank you for giving me the confidence to keep going. And, to deal with criticism with my chin up and willingness to grow.
- I am thankful for friends. Oh, how this will be an ongoing topic that weaves in and out of this blog. If there’s a takeaway each and every time I post, it’s the importance of surrounding yourself by REAL people that aren’t scared to wipe your tears. To tell you the truth. To share their fears, dreams, and failures because we need someone to make us feel human and not alone on an island. I refer to them as #myTribe. It takes a village. It really, truly does.
- For the flight attendant. She greeted us with a smile (rare these days), found an aspirin for my headache, and even brought me a People magazine.
- For mothers. Many of my friends are growing their families, and it is such a miracle to see new life be formed and brought into this world. I have so many friends at every stage of the process, and they are all amazing women that have the strength and character to execute motherhood.
- I’m thankful for Jesus. (pronounced HEY-Sus). My General Contractor re-modeling some much needed updates and going the extra mile to look over our home as if it’s his own. Trustworthy people are few and far between, and having our home cared for is invaluable while we are gone.
- I am thankful for Jesus (pronounced JEE-Sus). For answering my prayers and blessing me with a life I have dreamed about my entire life. Teaching me how to overcome obstacles, to trust His direction, and to have an obedient heart that is humanly wired to be my own boss. That didn’t work out for me, but He gave me another chance, time and time again, no matter how many times I stumbled. He always will. And he will always inspire me to find bible verses about being thankful as a fashion blogger so that this wonderful cycle of gratitude continues indefinitely.
*I challenge you to become OBSESSED with your gratitude list, because if you’re not – it will pass you by. I promise: I’ve missed the boat before.
(Featured image courtesy of LifeHack)